- This event has passed.
Chuckanut Foot Race
Jul 11, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am$30
This point-to-point, seven-mile trail race hosted by the Greater Bellingham Running Club. The race starts at Marine Park in south Bellingham and finishes at Larrabee State Park, the oldest state park in Washington. The course follows the legendary Interurban Trail, which threads through the Chuckanut Mountains and features gorgeous views of Chuckanut Bay and the San Juan Islands. Busses will take runners back to the finish line and will leave with regularity.
The finish-line party at Larrabee State Park will include live music, food, and drink. Age-group awards will be given, three deep in each five-year category. Top three male and female finishers will also be recognized.
The entry fees for the chip-timed race for runners or walkers is $30 US. GBRC members can run this race at no charge as part of their membership. There is an optional race shirt available for $15. There is an additional park usage fee this year of $1.25. For non GBRC members, this charge is included in the $30 race fee. GBRC members will be asked to make a donation on the day of race at the registration area.
Both online registration and day of race registration are available. There is a cap of 1300 runners, so plan on registering online early to ensure an entry. If the 1300 cap is reached prior to race day, no day of race registration will be offered. Please note the registration company charges a 6.25% user fee on your total (www.getmeregistered.com).
Race-commemorative shirts, in gender specific sizes (XS, S, M, L, XL) will be available. For more information on race t-shirts check out the GBRC website (www.gbrc.net).
Race Bib & Chip Pick-Up
For more information on race bib and chip pick-up check out the GBRC website (www.gbrc.net).
Race Day Schedule
7:00 AM – 8:30 AM | Race bib and chip pick-up and day of race registration at Marine Park in Fairhaven (directions below).
9:00 AM | Race start at Marine Park.
9:30 AM | Party and music start at Larrabee State Park.
10:00 AM | Award announcements start at Larrabee State Park.
Directions to Start
To get to Marine Park, where the race starts, take Interstate 5, exit 250 west, and follow signs for the Bellingham Cruise Terminal and Alaska Ferry. Park in designated areas only.
200 Harris Avenue
Bellingham, WA 98225
Parking & Shuttle
Because of extremely limited space at Larrabee, there is no parking at the finish. Racers: you can run or walk the course, then hop a shuttle bus to return to your vehicle at the start. Spectators: you can cheer racers at the start, then ride the shuttle to the finish and back again to your vehicle at the start. This year, there will be a special “green” award for those runners who choose to walk or run back to Fairhaven!
Help Us Go Green!
We want to help lead the way toward “environmentally greener” events, where we reduce waste, reuse, and recycle. Here are ways we can work together:
- We eliminated race packets and bags to reduce the use of paper. Please bring your own bag if you wish us to transport items to the race finish.
- Please carpool to race start.
- Bring your own water bottle and you’ll help reduce use of paper cups.
- Water at finish will be in coolers or in prepoured cups. For those with own water bottles, water will be available from coolers. For participants without bottles, water will be prepoured in paper cups, cups that will be later composted through Sanitary Service Company (SSC).
- Recycling and compost receptacles will be provided by SSC at race finish.
- Efforts will be made to reduce food packaging. Food will be provided by generous local sponsors: Bellingham Community COOP and Great Harvest Bread Co.
- Race brochures have been printed on partially post-consumer recycled paper by Copy Source.
Please join our Facebook page, Friends of Chuckanut Footrace to help spread the word and for additional Chuckanut Foot Race information.