- This event has passed.
Expedition Planning: So You Want to Climb a Mountain
Jul 24, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm$10
Join International Mountain Guide Charlotte Austin to learn what it takes to successfully plan & summit some of the world’s greatest peaks.
So you’ve decided to climb a mountain. Congratulations!
Whether you’re an experienced alpinist or a brand-new hiker, there’s a lot of planning and research that goes into being properly prepared for a successful summit. Join Charlotte Austin, international mountain guide and Everest summitter, to learn expedition planning skills including:
- How to choose an appropriate objective;
- How to realistically evaluate the risks and rewards of that objective;
- How to focus your training for the upcoming terrain and specific physical challenges;
- How to develop the perfect kit of gear and other supplies;
- How to prepare for altitude and other specific environmental challenges;
- What questions and conversations to have with your team before you go; and
- How to maximize your chances of success.
This is a very special chance to ask everything you’ve ever wanted to know about embarking on a new adventure. No supplies needed — just bring your questions!