[tab:Nordic Skiing Articles]
[tab:Nordic Skiing Blog Posts]
- Rendezvous Huts: Postcard from the Methow - Story and photos by Benjamin Whitney The invitation read: Hey, guys, think fast! I booked two nights at the Rendezvous Huts in the Methow for the end of this week. We’d love to have you onboard. Ever the advocates for a quickly hatched plan, we were indeed onboard although not certain for what. As we […]
- Big dreams for the Nooksack Nordic Ski Club - Ambassador program introduces skiers to the sport By Oliver Lazenby From camping to snowshoeing, more and more people are playing outside. For winter recreation, human-powered sports are the fastest growing segment, according to a recent SnowSports Industries America study. If that’s true, it’s not the case for local cross-country skiing, said Pete Tryon, president of […]
- Car-free Ski to Sea with the Wetboyz - Story by Oliver Lazenby Photos by Steven Gadingan Monday, May 23, 2016 It’s 50 minutes into a planning meeting for car-free Ski to Sea and team Wetboyz of Aslan Brew have tie-dyed a bunch of uniforms, but haven’t done any actual planning. There’s a lot to work out – the Wetboyz have to get equipment […]
- Money Well Spent - Costing about as much as dinner for two, a sno-park permit is a small price to pay for access to more than 45 Washington state sno-parks designated for non-motorized winter recreation.
- Skijoring - Skijoring refers to the sport of running dogs (or horses) ahead of a musher on skis. The skier skis, assisting with poles, and the dog(s) pull. Simple? Not on your life.
- Hitting the Trail - Hitting the trail, by Brandy Kiger Shreve. Shush, shush, shush. The cross-country skis slip easily through the deeply-grooved tracks on the edge of the trail, and all I hear as I glide along is that momentary brush of the blade against the hard pack snow...
- Shredding Ready - Getting prepared for backcountry skiing By Sam Lozier Photo by Patrick Kennedy You’ve seen tracks out on Shuksan Arm or read about backcountry skiing in magazines. The allure of untracked powder is strong, but backcountry skiing can be initially overwhelming. Where do you even start? At a minimum, you’ll need to equip yourself […]
[tab:Helpful Links]WTA Nordic and snowshoeing info