- Car-free Ski to Sea with the Wetboyz - Story by Oliver Lazenby Photos by Steven Gadingan Monday, May 23, 2016 It’s 50 minutes into a planning meeting for car-free Ski to Sea and team Wetboyz of Aslan Brew have tie-dyed a bunch of uniforms, but haven’t done any actual planning. There’s a lot to work out – the Wetboyz have to get equipment […]
- Summer 2016 photo gallery -
- Three Rivers, Many Hours - Three Rivers, Many Hours Triad River guides master their art Story by Ian Ferguson Triad River Tours operates on three rivers – the Skagit, Sauk and Suiattle – that encompass a wide variety of environments, and by running trips in those diverse settings, Bellingham’s newest rafting company caters to more than just the adrenaline-seeking set. […]
[tab:Rafting Blog Posts]
- New access for the Nooksack? - By Wendy McDermott American Rivers director for Rivers of Puget Sound and Columbia Basin The Nooksack River is one of the only rivers in Washington that offers year-round whitewater boating. The glacier-melt from Mt. Baker and Mt. Shuksan feeds the Nooksack through the summer season, attracting boaters to the area when other rivers become too […]
- Race to Alaska Strategy: Sails vs human power, speed vs survivability - By Oliver Lazenby A self-proclaimed “shop rat” from a Port Townsend boat shop told me the key to quickly making it up the Inside Channel to Alaska without a motor is having the right combination of human power and sailing ability. Common sense suggests a high performance (i.e. expensive) catamaran or trimaran would be the […]
- Rafting the Nooksack - White water rafting on the Nooksack River.
[tab:Helpful Links]Example Link